Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Saturday Lights in Raleigh, NC

So my last post from August was from the first game of the North Carolina High School football season. This one is from this past Saturday at the North Carolina High School 4A State Championship game at Carter-Finely Stadium in Raleigh, NC, home to the NC State Wolfpack. I was there as a "school videographer," which means that I went with my friend, Redneck Randy, who tapes the games for the Scotland High School coach, who also happens to be his brother-in-law.

It rained, nay, monsooned all day long from the time we arrived until late into the night. The weather was awful and I was thankful that I was not playing. A) Because of the weather and B) because of my advanced age and out-of-shapeness.

While we did not get the desired outcome, the Scots went 15-1 this season and the game, which I would normally not give a flying rat's patootie about, was actually quite exciting to watch from the press box. It was warm and dry there and free food was involved. Can't beat that with a North Carolina pine branch.

Here are a few pics from the game. Enjoy!
View from the end zone stands
View from the actual end zone...on the field!
The Scots are ready!
Cool view
I had this wolf bronzed after it attacked me and I wrestled it to the death
Read it
The monsoon turned the field into a lake. And there was another game after ours.






No comments: